Welcome to Saugeen Valley Minor Hockey for 2023/2024!
The registration process includes online registration for Boys Hockey, using Hockey Canada's registration system including online payment using credit card. Accepted cards are; Visa, Mastercard, pre-paid Visa, Pre-Paid Mastercard and Virtual Visa Debit.
All of the information regarding registration is important for parents and players to know and understand before registering with Saugeen Valley Minor Hockey. Please take the time necessary to review all of the details and share this information with the members of your family who will be participating in or attending Saugeen Valley Minor Hockey events. Please forward any additional questions to [email protected].
No players will step on the ice until his/her registration is completed and the applicable fees are paid in full or post-dated payments have been arranged with Saugeen Valley Minor Hockey.
A copy of the registrant's birth certificate must be sent to the registrar for all new players to SVMHA and those who are transferring players from another association. No player will be rostered to a team until this information has been received.
1. Complete the online registration for all players in your family;
2. Players must be registered in their actual age group.
New Players to Saugeen Valley Minor Hockey, including first year players are required to submit:
- A clear copy of your child's birth certificate (an electronic version is preferred)
- Proof of Residence (Drivers License)
New players will not be rostered to a team without the above documentation on file.
Please send an electronic version of the above required documents as an email attachment to [email protected] with the player's full name and date of birth. Documents need to be sent at time of registration.
Transferring Players to Saugeen Valley Minor Hockey
If your child is transferring from another minor hockey centre please email the registrar at [email protected] and provide the following information: player's full name, date of birth, centre you are transferring from, players new address and reason for the transfer.
Right of Choice
A “Right of Choice” is determined by measuring the distance (on well-travelled roads) from:
- The measurement shall be from the main entrance of the players residence to main post office of a Center(s) or a location within such Center(s) as designated by OMHA
- Saugeen Valley Minor Hockey Center location is the intersection of Grey Road #3 and Grey Road #4 in the municipality of West Grey
- Players who live within the town limits of Hanover, Durham, Ayton & Neustadt do not have a "Right of Choice"
The difference between these two distances must not exceed eight (8) kilometers. If it does, the player does not have the “Right of Choice” and must play in their closest center. If it is less than 8 kilometers, the player has the right to choose which center to play in and must complete a “Right of Choice” Declaration. Once a "Right of Choice" Declaration is completed, Saugeen Vallley Minor Hockey will not release a player who has made this decision.
Please contact Alex Neuman @ [email protected] to obtain this declaration prior to registering or for more information.